The demand for our services is rapidly increasing! EWI Works is looking for another ergonomist for our Edmonton office and we need to fill the position right away.
Operating since 1991, and with offices in both Edmonton and Calgary, EWI Works is a forward thinking ergonomic consulting firm with a creative, team atmosphere – and we’re steadily growing! Our clientele covers a broad range of industries, including: healthcare; educational organizations; federal, provincial and municipal governments; mining and factories; and utility companies. Our focus is customized programs to meet the specific needs of our clients – whether it’s the full scale development and implementation of ergonomic programs, injury prevention, return to work, design reviews, training, or ergonomic assessments.
What a great place to gain valuable experience to add to your repertoire!
If you’re motivated, like to think outside of the box and can contribute to a team of like-minded individuals, we want you to join our team. Full details can be found here. But to summarize…
Some of the qualifications include:
- Minimum undergraduate degree in Kinesiology (with specialization in ergonomics), rehabilitation medicine or a related discipline with 3-5 years of industry experience.
- Computer literacy at an intermediate level
- Solid understanding of ergonomic assessment tools and the and their application.
- Ability to conduct literature reviews – synthesizing information into into guidelines.
Here’s a sample of responsibilities for the position:
- Conducting office and industrial ergonomic assessments
- Participate in proposal writing and project planning
- Developing and delivering workshops, seminars and technical support materials
- Designing and delivering customized training and education
- Assisting on research projects
We are an exciting, dynamic and supportive group to work with. All of our staff have been with the organization long-term, benefitting from the experience, continuing education, career and personal development that EWI Works offers.
The deadline to apply is April 2, 2012. Send Linda your resume directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to hearing from you!