They say a rolling stone gathers no moss – EWI Works had a very exciting year in 2017, taking a huge leap forward in ergonomics and injury prevention. Over the past 12 months, we’ve developed three new technology products, streamlined process to improve delivery of services to our clients and added staff – including a communications specialist and innovation manager.
New Services and Initiatives Launched in 2017
- Ergo Connect – our new telehealth app to deliver remote office ergonomics assessments. The app is available on Google Plan and the Apple Store.
- New internet-based courses already available:
- A new customized course for Alberta Health Services aimed aat prevention of injury for Home Care Staff – NO Unsafe Lift
- Customized courses for client organizations on addressing sit-to-stand work stations
- More “Ergo Insights” – practical ergonomics tips
- Improved look of the website that includes improved user-friendly navigation and access to free, useful resources.
- Work Safe- It’s Your Move Course: a course for lab and industrial environments to prevent injuries associated with everyday activities at work and at home.
What’s in store for 2018 for EWI Works and our clients?
- Three new e-learning courses:
- Safe Stretching for Office Environments
- Vehicle ergonomics – When a vehicle becomes your primary workstation
- So now what do I do now that I have a sit-stand workstation? – Proper set up and use
- Launch of a blended delivery model for our “Practical Office Ergonomics Course” – the course will move from a 2 day in-person course to 6 1-hour modules online with a 1 day in-person class to practice concepts learned.
- Managing Return to Work after a Mental Illness
- Wellness Education Sessions for the Workplace – Stress Management, Healthy Eeating, Healthy Movement and Importance of Sleep
- If you will be attending the Applied Ergonomics in Atlanta, make sure and check out Donald MacDonald’s talk on “Writing Effective Specification to Address Ergonomics Needs when Purchasing New Equipment or Designing Work Stations”.
- Finally, we will have a new staff member joining us. Shane Hudson will be starting January 2nd as a new ergonomist. Stay tuned for his introduction! He brings a lot to our diverse team.